Introduction to Welding
Get your sparks flying in our next welding course!!
The Introduction to Welding is a practical based course where you can learn the basic skills needed to gain confidence in your welding capabilities. Throughout this course you as a participant will obtain strong innovative and hands-on foundational skills, which can then be implemented into your day to day activities. On completion of the course, participants will have successfully welded a bag trolley which they can then take home and use.
Duration: 4 sessions
Restrictions: Participants MUST be aged 16 or older
What is covered in the course?
The Introduction to Welding course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Introduction to different welding processes such as arc welding, MIG welding, and TIG welding
- Safety procedures and practices in welding
- Basic welding techniques and skills
- Selection and preparation of welding materials
- Welding equipment operation and maintenance
- Welding quality control and inspection
- Practical hands-on welding exercises
Who can benefit from this course?
The Introduction to Welding course is suitable for:
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in welding and looking for a foundational course to start their learning journey.
- Students who wish to gain basic welding skills as a part of their vocational education and training in the engineering or agricultural sectors.
- Employees in the agricultural sector who want to upskill or cross-skill in welding to enhance their job prospects and career advancement opportunities.
- Early school leavers or those who have not studied welding before and are looking for an introduction to the field.
What can I get out of this course?
This course allows students to gain fundamental skills, hands-on experience, and a versatile skill set in the welding sector. Students are exposed to different types of welding throughout the course to grow their fundamental skills. Along with brand new skills, students will create a bag-trolley which they can take home on completion of the course.
Click the button above to discover our upcoming course dates & how to apply
If you would like further information about the introduction to welding contact the RIST office directly on 1800 883 343